Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fashion Advice: Embroidery Trend

That time of the week….Fashion Advice. I’ve been ‘semi-obsessed’ with embroidered items since last year when I saw the Balmain S/S 2012. Embroidery has been around for centuries, I remember when I was young my granny would made her own table cloths with pretty embroidered flowers.  Embroidery is the art of decorating fabric or other materials with needle and thread. As we know in the fashion world nothing is ever really “lost” and always has a way of coming back. If you are feeling a little creative you can treat your old clothes to a DIY project using embroidery.

I put together this set using embroidered dresses and jackets with different patterns. This is the contemporary way of embroidery incorporating pearls, beads, quills, and sequins. Depending on the pattern and the detail of the embroidery one can wear no accessories or subtle accessories when wearing such items.


As seen on the runway the use of embroidery, it’s not only limited to women’s clothing but also have seen in guys clothing especially jackets. Source www.fashionblogblogger.com (guys) and www.trendland.net (the Balmain S/S 2012)

Love
Fatima
xxx
You may share your fashion advice with us....thank you

1 comment:

  1. Embroidery is a big trend at the moment. I have always loved anything embroidered so this isn't really a new style for me personally but I am super happy that there are so many gorgeous items to choose from lately.. So spoilt for choice! logo Digitizing

    ReplyDelete