Thursday, September 29, 2011

A thing called love

So it was my friend’s lobola ceremony last Saturday! She’s officially Mrs. Mogotsi!!! Hilililililil! For those who don’t know what lobola is, it represents ‘the coming together’ (direct translation) of two families. And usually the man presents cows or gifts or money to his in-laws. I never had to explain what lobola is to anyone it’s harder than  I thought lol. It’s like a wedding to cut the long story short. Lots of food, singing, dancing and drinking! A big celebration and welcoming the makoti “bride” into her new family.
Some of the guests were wearing their traditional attires! Made me realize that I don’t own a single traditional clothing item…not even a hand band! Oooopps! Well I …ok I shouldn’t have an excuse lol. I will make it my priority when I go home to get somethingJ. They are a perfect match and an inspiration! I’m extremely happy for these two love birds! And I pray that they’ll be happy forever and ever!
Love
Fatima
xxx
Mr. and Mrs. Mogotsi

 
Ziyanda Xhosa attire

 
Katlego in her zulu attire…
apparently if/when I get lobolad I’ll be wearing that…lol well

Obi – Makoti isn’t she just gorgeous!

Me and Mrs. Mogotsi

4 comments:


  1. play food games
    basketball game
    soccer games 2019
    guess you are a smart cookie because of your knowledge and insight. The articles brings some advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article by the great author and the audio message attached to it is very massive and informative io jogos net
    friv 4 school
    2player games online

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can change tires immediately after your top 16 or top 8 battles. If you need a tire change during a battle, you get one 5 minute rule to do so.
    One more times will go until a clear winner is determined. If you run out of tire, or have a mechanical failure, you forfeit your place.
    free online games 2019
    jogos friv
    jogos 360 games

    ReplyDelete